FeBAF – The Italian Banking, Insurance and Finance Federation – was established in 2008 by the Italian Banking Association (Abi) and the National Association of Insurance Companies (Ania).
Following a statutory change in 2010, other financial associations have joined the Federation.
FeBAF currently associates also Aifi - the Italian Association of Private Equity and Venture Capital – and aggregates Adepp, Aipb, Anfir, Assofiduciaria, Assofin, Assogestioni, Assoimmobiliare, Assoprevidenza, Assoreti, and Assosim.
- fosters the role of banking, insurance and financial companies while promoting the general interests of the country: a modern and efficient financial sector is an important condition for sustainable growth of society and economy;
- aims to present its member associations’ views on economic and social policies to Institutions, political and monetary Authorities, trade associations and public opinion;
- promotes business values, acting to spread the culture of competition, and focusing on the enhancement of banking, insurance and finance in terms of transparency towards consumers and savers.
Since its establishment, FeBAF has focused on shared and relevant themes for both the financial industry, and national, social and economic development.
Due to the international profile of FeBAF , its four member associations have decided to concentrate their liaison offices with the European Community in its Brussels headquarters. Thanks to such common lobbying, the Italian financial industry aims to strengthen dialogue with other organizations in Europe.
- Innocenzo Cipolletta (Chairman Aifi) – Vice Chairman
- Matteo Colafrancesco (Chairman Assoreti) – Vice Chairman
- Tommaso Corcos (Chairman Assogestioni) – Vice Chairman
- Maria Bianca Farina (Chairman Ania) – Vice Chairman