Born in Rome, Italy, on February 17, 1947
On June 2, 2000 has been granted the honorary title of “Cavaliere del Lavoro”.
On September 19, 2005 has been granted the honorary title of “Grande Ufficiale dell’Ordine al merito della Repubblica Italiana”.
On June 22, 2007 has obtained an honorary degree in Economics from Università del Sannio.
- from 1978 to 1982: President of “Comitato Nazionale Giovani Imprenditori” (National Committee of Young Entrepreneurs) of Confindustria;
- from 1983 to 1986: President of “Federazione Industriali del Lazio”;
- from 1992 to 1996: President of Confindustria;
- from 1993 to 2001: President of LUISS University of Guido Carli;
- from 2004 to 2006: Vice President of ABI – Associazione Bancaria Italiana;
- from 2004 to 2008 Chairman of UIR – Unione degli Industriali e delle imprese di Roma;
- from 2009 to 2013 President of ASSONIME – Associazione fra le Società Italiane per Azioni;
from 2012 to 2016 President of Emittenti Titoli.
Lifetime member of the Executive Board of Confindustria;
President of LUISS Business School;
CEO of IEN – Italian Entertainment Network;
President and CEO of Civita Cultura Holding;
from 1998 to present: Chairman of Banca Nazionale del Lavoro;
Member of the Board of Directors of Il Sole 24 Ore;
Member of the Board of Directors of Tod’s.